Ellen Steverson opened StartingBlock Career Services, LLC, in 2011 and partners with clients from across the US and beyond. She offers confidential, career writing, and coaching services. Ellen writes resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and cover letters for executives to US Presidential Appointees as well as engineers, managers, rising leaders, and college graduates. She has written more than 1,000 resumes and has coached hundreds of people on job search, interviewing, and business strategies. Ellen Steverson is a former executive and engineering recruiter and has multiple certifications:
- Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW)
- Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE)
- Certified Employment Interview Consultant (CEIC)
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
She is an active member of multiple career organizations, including The National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA), the leading trade association for resume writers. Ellen participates in various NRWA committees as well as developed and instructs the NRWA Best Business Practices/Sales Mastery Course, still being taught today.
Why Hire Ellen
Chief Career Strategist, Multi-certified Executive Resume and LinkedIn Writer, Career Coach, and former Executive Recruiter Coach — Ellen Steverson
Hi, I’m Ellen Steverson—Chief Career Strategist, Executive Resume Writer, and Career Coach. I’ve grown StartingBlock Career Services every year with happy clients sending referrals and returning for additional services. I have helped thousands of people advance their careers throughout the US, Canada, and other countries, and I look forward to partnering with you!
When you work me, you get a:
- Resume and career documents that hiring managers and people read, ATS-friendly, and deliver results.
- Resume that effectively communicates your expertise, offers value, and sets YOU apart
in the completive job market.
- Resume that generates interviews and is the starting block to incredible interview conversations.
- Resume that lays the foundation for a great offer at the top of the salary range, and beyond.
- Strategic partner dedicated to your success and can craft a resume that delivers all the above.
More Reasons to Hire Ellen:
I offer modern career strategies and services for today’s leaders. Clients work directly with me, never get passed along to another writer, and experience a faster job search.
I provide —
- Resumes rich with value, content, and keywords. Your resume will rank well with applicant tracking software (ATS), which means hiring managers then read top resumes.
- Career documents: resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn content that communicates your brand and expertise to employers clearly.
- Document development through a discovery process that helps you understand your value so you can communicate concisely throughout the interview process and receive and negotiate best offer.
- Guidance and best practices to advance your career to the next level.
- Dedicated partnership with modern strategies and honest feedback to support your success.
While working with me, you will gain clarity about your career, brand, skills, and accomplishments to communicate your value — now and in the future.
My unique combination of executive recruitment and sales expertise allows me to gather critical information, empower my clients, and position clients for success. You will understand what hiring managers are looking for, and we will capture your career story. I will craft a strategically branded, keyword-rich resume that represents you well, shows you as the solution, and positions you for a promotion or new job!
I offer options for clients —
- Don’t want to do any worksheets — just a 90-minute call is all I need.
- Prefer a short worksheet to gather your thoughts and then want to talk — that works for me!
- Can’t talk immediately, live abroad, or in transition and prefer emails — that works too!
Doors open for my clients as they benefit from my industry knowledge, candid approach, desire to educate along the way, years of experience, and persuasive writing skills.
As an executive resume writer, LinkedIn expert, and career coach, I always offer a no-obligation, free call to discuss your project, goals, and career.
I am also a former executive recruiter and hold top certifications:
- Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW) — National Resume Writers’ Association; 1 of <60 Executive Resume Writers hold this leading certification!
- Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE) — National Resume Writers’ Association; 1 of the first 60 NRWA members to be certified!
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) — Center for Credentialing & Education; 1 of many talented, national leaders helping people worldwide!
- Certified Employment Interview Consultant (CEIC) — Career Directors International; 1 of > 80 interview coaches helping clients to excel and land great offers!
As a leading career strategist and executive resume writer, I have been:
- Published in multiple books.
- Featured in magazines.
- Quoted in the NRWA’s Ask The Expert Contributor.
- Appeared on TV as a resume writer and career expert.
- Sought out by universities, colleges, school districts, nonprofits, businesses, and corporations to speak, conduct workshops, assist with candidate selection, and serve as a trusted consultant.
I have coached and/or written resumes, LinkedIn, and other career documents for US Presidential Appointees, C-suites, VP, Directors, and other executives as well as rising leaders, technology experts, engineers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs.
I enjoy working with all people, and my clients include federal leaders leaving (or retiring) to work in the civilian world, transitioning military, managers, mid-career leaders, and graduates.
I am an active member of leading organizations:
- National Resume Writers’ Association
- Career Thought Leaders
- Career Directors International
Dedicated to helping others, I speak at industry conferences, lead training webinars, mentor new writers, and instruct a business course for the National Resume Writers’ Association.
Happy to discuss partnering with you to advance your career.